Frequently Asked Questions
And don’t forget to check out our fundraising tools to help you raise your minimums and go above and beyond!
• Old shoes, aquatic shoes, etc., if you don’t want to plunge barefoot. Don’t forget to bring a pair of dry shoes to wear afterwards!
• A duffel bag, backpack, garbage bag, etc. It’s a good idea to bring a bag for dry clothes and your Plunge incentive, as well as a plastic bag for your wet clothes after you’ve plunged.
• Another Plunger! Recruit a friend, family member, co-worker, or acquaintance and get them to take the Plunge with you. It’s always more fun with friends!
Don’t miss your chance to win prizes by entering our costume contest happening right before the Plunge!
• All participants must check in prior to plunging to turn in funds, receive their incentives, and receive access materials to be allowed on the site.
• Once you have claimed your incentive, we cannot adjust to a different item at a later time.
• Leave valuables at home or with a spectator. Special Olympics BC is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen.
• We advise you not to plunge after drinking alcohol. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to plunge.
• Bring along warm clothes to wear after you plunge that are easy to put on. The last thing you want to deal with when you’re cold and wet are clumsy zippers and buttons!
• Carpool! Parking can be crowded, so help us out by coming as a group.
• Invite a friend to watch, take pictures, and hold onto your dry stuff for you.
You can also mail in your donation to the address below. Be sure to include the participant’s name so we know who to give credit to.
Special Olympics BC
Attn: Polar Plunge – Participant’s name
210 – 3701 Hastings St.
Burnaby, BC V5C 2H6
All donations that are made online via credit card automatically receive a donation receipt via email for any amount.